This task describes the steps associated with the planning and monitoring of analysis activities, including:
· Developing estimates for analysis tasks.
· Planning how the Analyst(s) will communicate with stakeholders.
· Planning how requirements will be gathered, traced, and prioritized.
· Determining the deliverables that the Analyst(s) will produce.
· Determining the processes that will be followed.
The analysis approach should describe the overall process that will be followed to perform business analysis work on a given project. How and when tasks will be performed, the techniques that will be used, and the deliverables that will be produced. In most instances this will already be decided, however depending on the complexity of the project, additional steps or documentation may be necessary. Review the analysis steps and documentation and determine if additional steps are required for the specific project you are working on.
Part of planning the analysis activities is determining with the team how the project will be ran. This will determine how the requirements will be gathered; Waterfall vs. Agile.